Get to Blogging, Humans

What a whirlwind this has been. Thank you all for a great first couple weeks!
I've been working with Gary (my start-up man) to get some business cards done, some planning of projects, etc. 

If you haven't been to the facebook page, that's where all the action is. People have been posting to our page from Day 1 about their random acts of kindness (RAK) and it is SO INSPIRATIONAL.

www.facebook.com/thehumanworthprojectpage

Quick story... I was struggling to find a nice design for a business card, something simple that inspired people to find our website and share their stories. I got a quote on costs, but still had no design ideas.
When i got home, I had an email sitting on my desk and it was from a beautiful friend of mine, Aubrey. I had goosebumps reading her message...  

Aubrey had noticed that I didn't yet have any business cards, and took her time to make us some. The design was simple, colorful and perfect for what we needed. It was as if she knew exactly what we needed.

After a little moving around of logos, icons, etc. Gary and I printed out some as prototypes. We have already used about half of the ones we made, so it's about time to finalize a large order on those.

Aubrey and I are working on a little blog collaboration right now, too. Keep an eye peeled!

If this works out as I plan, this is how your RAK'ing will work.

1. Person A receives a RAK with a small business card that directs them to our site.
2. Person A then gets on our Facebook page and shares their story-what someone did for them and how it affected them.
3. Person A is then inspired to continue on by RAK'ing more people.
4. Person A does a RAK for Person B, and passes along a card.
5. Person B receives a RAK and shares their story on our page.

It's so simple, and I'm so excited to see where you guys take this!

We have talked about being able to sell the business cards, so that people can have multiples to share and help spread the love and the word. We are also in the works of creating a t-shirt that you can buy, 100% of the profit would go directly to our project.

Our expenses will be 100% published, my project money is your money. And this is about love and kindness, not turning a profit. My sales of shirts will be profitable for our project, our business cards will be available at cost + shipping.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm off to make a "Note" on my Facebook page that explains how this will work in a little more detail.

Share some love today, humans!


Comments

Popular Posts