Introduction: What is the Human Worth Project?

Well.
We're off with a bang! If you aren't following this on Facebook, you will be missing out.
Thank you all, and what a welcome!

This is how this started:
I love to pay it forward. I love to pay it forward even when nobody has yet paid it to me. Which is what I was doing for the past couple years. Whenever I had a bad day, and I had the extra cash, I would pay for the person in line behind me at the drive thru, or leave $5 for the next person's coffee. I spoke with a kind woman buying her son groceries one day in Hilliard, Ohio and left $20 to help her.

The best part of giving my money was that it made me feel better. It ALWAYS always always turns my day around. Then, one day last summer, I was at a street fair and went to buy some food. The vendor told me someone had already paid for the next person's food and that I should have a great day.

I almost sobbed right there in small town Albion, Indiana. As much time as I spent making sure other people were able to feel like this, nobody had ever done it for me. And that was the best feeling.

I speak openly about giving, and I'm not shy when I coax others into doing the same. This spirit has led me down a path of long, deep, meaningful conversations and experiencing life through others' stories. Every once in a while, I meet another kind soul who loves this as much as I do. More often than not, I truly feel many people have it in their hearts and not their wallets. I will address this later.

Recently, I pondered the question to a friend on how to effectively donate my acts of kindness. I wondered aloud if donating acts to a young person who may have less funds but also less experience would be better than donating acts to an older, wealthier but possibly more weathered soul.
I really haven't found an answer, although we both formed our own opinions.

What blossomed from this was a crazy, inspirational idea that is so super close to my heart. The Human Worth Project started out with $200 as a generous donation from an understanding friend.

And you and I are the people who decide where it will go.


Some ideas to grasp about the Human Worth Project (Facts, ideas, Ramblings....)


1. The Human Worth Project is a name I (Chelsea Los) chose to represent that this idea that giving acts of kindness is a human to human thing. All humans are capable of good or evil, love or hate. I want to be the positive voice that whispers "choose love" and teaches the soul how to do good.
2. Our goal is to spread acts of kindness, and track them all over the world. This means I need YOU and YOU and YOU. And, your friend. Your dad can do it. Listen, if my dad can text, you can teach your dad how to give acts of kindness.
3. I want you all to know that giving acts of kindness is more than just monetary. it has been easy for me to use money (cups of coffee are my favorite form) to spread positivity, but my goal is to find more new ways. We have, like, 17" of snow here so I think shoveling may be a good one for me.
4. I want YOU to be involved. I want your ideas and your honest opinions. (So help me, if your feedback is about that one curl that is sticking off my head weird in my photo....) Really, though. I made a special GMail, Instagram, Blog and Facebook page just for this Project. So you have plenty of outlets to express. yo. self.
5. I don't know what I'm doing. Okay, that's a confession. But, really. THANK HEAVENS for my tech-oriented brother, Chet. We have aspirations to create a special QR (scanny-thing to me) code that will end up on business cards that will link you to our website. Which hasn't been done yet. What I need is for my Facebook friends to come through in a BIG WAY and get me some serious likes so that I can have a valid reason to go purchase a URL for us to use.
6. What I'm thinking as of now is this: $1 bills will be stamped with our website address, which people can use to say where and what act of kindness either occurred for them, or that they did for someone else. For acts of kindness that are not money related, we will have business cards with our QR code, along with info about Facebook, Instagram, etc. I want to know MORE! I want to know where, when, why, how these actions happen! Inspire me, people!
7. I really appreciate all the support and love you have already given me.
PLEEEEASE post to my facebook page, my instagram, comment here. Do your thing.

Let's go inspire some love and hope!

 

Instagram: @thehumanworthproject

Facebook: The Human Worth Project

GMail:  thehumanworthproject@gmail.com


<3

Comments

Popular Posts