T-Shirts, Mugs, Stickers Oh My...

CafePress is up and running! But we are still working out the kinks.

Let me share s quick story about how things have been for us here at The Human Worth Project so far...

On a Saturday afternoon in mid-February, I started our first page on Facebook. The Human Worth Project had not been taken, nor did I see anything that really would muddle up the name, or attach to something else.
So I went ahead and made us a special gmail account... thehumanworthproject@gmail.com and was happy to see that was available.
Instagram is pretty cool, so I made us an account. @thehumanworthproject Cool.
I moved on to Twitter and Google+, both of which had handles available for us. It felt like the Red Seas had parted for our project. I was tickled.

By 7 p.m. on the first night, we had our first person post to our page, all the way out in Delaware. Full disclosure: I was home alone reading on my tablet, and started sobbing with joy. What an inspiration and an encouragement. A sign, maybe.

I started planning more, planning big. I needed business cards, so I started getting quotes and trying to commission my graphic designer boyfriend to get his creative juices flowing. The same day that I submitted my proposal in order to get a quote, I came home to an email from an old friend, Aubrey.

Aubrey had emailed me the SWEETEST message, with a beautifully designed business card attached. It was overwhelming to me how kind someone could be, not to mention how impeccable the timing. So we ran with it.

Now, this design is showing up on our business cards, t-shirts, mugs, stickers, everything. I just started our CafePress site so you guys can order some goods, and help us fund the project.

I'm also excited to be pairing with some local businesses in Syracuse, Indiana who want to help pay it forward. Another friend contacted me from Charlotte, North Carolina to say they wanted to help, too!

Keep it coming, humans. I love staying busy!
<3

Happy Monday everyone, let's celebrate what we have and remember to share love, a smile, a kindness when we can.

Comments

Popular Posts